Friday, June 1, 2012


日五

This day was rather important as I conducted the entire operation on my own. My first port of call was Shinjuku. If any one part of Tokyo could be labeled as “downtown” it would have to be this district. It has the largest concentration of skyscrapers but also is the location of Tokyo City Hall, which just so happened to my specific destination. My reasoning for this is that on the 45th floor there is a free to enter sky deck. There are higher viewing platforms in the city but none of the others are free. I got some good pictures after a while spent figuring out that the access to the skydeck elevator was from the basement (A going down to go up deal.) It was a bit dizzily but ultimately that did not interfere too much. However that was the lesser of my two projects for the day. What I really got out of bed for was to get on the train to the outskirts of the city to see the great Washianomiya Shrine. People “like me” have come from all over the world to see this place, not because it is big or particularly famous but because it featured heavily in the anime Lucky Star. And because of Lucky Star’s great popularity the shrine has made something of a name for itself as a great “pilgrimage site” for us otaku.

今日は二所に行きました。 新宿区の建築学はとてもおもしろいでした。
鷲宮神社はちょと有名です。鷲宮神社は一番好きな神社ですよ!

No comments:

Post a Comment