Wednesday, June 6, 2012


日十一

Went to a little place called Osaka today. Even though they are so close to each other there are hardly two more different cities in all of Japan than Kyoto and Osaka. Kyoto has almost all of its history intact including the origional street layout and many pre-war buildings. Osaka on the otherhand was dystroyed during the war and has been rebuilt with a modern grid street pattern and is composed of all new buildings. Also Osaka has a distinct dialect which I am not experienced enough to pick out yet. I was only in Osaka for one afternoon so I did not nearly have time to get used to identifying the differneces between Osaka and the Rest of Japan but I wish I had been able to. We went to Osaka castle and as I wondered why it is that they didn’t leave the interior of the castle in its origionlaal condition I realoized with no small amount of emberrisment that the Castle is a reproduction of the origional, which was dystroyed during WWII.  

お好み焼きは面白かったです。あいにっく、私のお好み焼きはちょっと小さいでした。

No comments:

Post a Comment