Wednesday, June 6, 2012


日十

Went to another temple today that had wonderful views of the city. You know, its strange, Even though we were surrounded by mountains in Kyoto and surrounded by even more mountains in Nikko I never managed to achieve that secluded, out in the wilderness feeling that I get when I go to the mountains in the US. I believe that some of this feeling comes from having to get there by way of public transportation and because of that I was always nervous about getting on the right bus and getting there on time. This meant that I was never able to relax properly; I also think that since there is a higher population density in the area it did not feel quite so remote. Another factor is that whenever I have gone to the mountains in the US I am with my dad and in a private vehicle so our schedule is up to us and we can come and go as we please instead of having to deal with a bus schedule. Furthermore I have never been in a city as large as Kyoto when in the mountains and so the act of being in an urban environment throws off my since of topography. I think that if I were to have a few days to myself. And I had all day to get to various locations in the mountains I might feel a bit different.
On this day I also made a bit of a pilgrimage to the studios of Kyoto Animation, commonly referred to as the best animation studio on earth. I then went to the nearby Kyoto Animation shop where I bought a T-shirt based off of my favorite anime. I happen to be wearing that shirt as I type this.    

京都アニメション「京アニ」は一番好きなアニメションスタジオです。京都と日光の山は高いくて、きれいです。

No comments:

Post a Comment