Friday, June 8, 2012


At this point I am no longer sure what day of our trip it is.

We engaged in a tea ceremony today. I was rather surprised that the tea was hardly bitter at all. I have heard horror stories about the bitterness of tea at these ceremonies but it was quite benign. There is however the chance that the tea we were served was purposefully dumbed down for our benefit. I can’t say I would be angry if that was the case because it saved me a great deal of suffering. What did cause me a bit of suffering was the big sweet bean thing that was colored to look like some kind of fruit. I would have enjoyed the thing except I had mostly only had sweets that day and so that thing was a bit much for my system. Also I am curious how the Japanese manage to stand up after sitting on their feet for half an hour. I couldn’t stand up for a minute or two after that. My feet hurt too much to put any weight on them.

ちゃのゆは面白かったです。甘いものは圧倒的でした。

No comments:

Post a Comment