Friday, June 8, 2012

These images were taken over a period of about a week. We were at Aichi University of Education and so things worth taking pictures of were not quite so common. It was a more standard educational setting for us, which included class time. 



緑先生!

Us!

Typical education

Candy

Not so typical education.


The only American style outlets I saw on campus. 

Stuff previously brought over from Ball State.

This much sweet made me feel a bit sick. 

This helped though. 

Well, it is Japan after all I suppose. 

Extremely large Momiji, If I had one of these it would defiantly be the largest in the state. 

As soon as I begin to forget I am in a subtropical region I spy one of these things growing out in the open. 

Dry Stone pool. 

These fun little things are around 15cm long and quite poisons 

Being treated like visiting dignitaries at an elementary school. 


Said elementary school.


Us exercising with the kids.

 The kids.

Quite exciting for me to get a chance to go wandering through a sub-tropical forest. A first for me. The winter temperatures in this area usually don't do below 40 F. 



Hawk's nest.

there is a torii gate on this island which one can walk to in the winter when the reservoir is drained. 

Sub-tropical forest, fascinating!


In "class" 

Calligraphy to be precise. 

What happens when you give a 7 year old your camera. 

Saying goodbye.

Old lady cutting a field with a weed wacker. Not a job I would ever touch. 

archery club

Small shrine chained to the wall. 

Aichi Administration building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment